Helping each other know and follow Jesus in our homes, city, and world.
Grace is not connected with any particular denomination. Instead, we rely fully on the Bible as our guide for what we believe and how we live.
We believe that:
- The Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God, the written record of His supernatural revelation of Himself to man, the supreme and final authority in faith and life, and without any errors in its teaching. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- God is one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19).
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. (Luke 1:30-35; Acts 1:8).
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the third person of the Trinity sent to glorify Jesus Christ, to indwell, guide, teach, empower the believer, and to convince the world of sin, righteousness, and of judgment. (John 14:16-18, 26; Acts 1:8).
- Although every person is created in the image of God, everyone in the natural state is lost, alienated from God and spiritually dead. (Genesis 1:26-27; 2:16-17; Romans 3:10-23; Ephesians 2:1-3).
- The Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a perfect representative and complete substitutionary sacrifice; and all that believe on Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood. (Romans 5:8-10; 1 Timothy 2:5-6; Hebrews 4:15).
- The Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead in the same body that was laid to rest in the tomb. He ascended into heaven at the Father’s right hand and is for the church High Priest and Advocate. (John 20:25-27; Acts 1:9-11; 1 John 2:1-2).
- The bodies of all believers who die will be raised from the dead, and they will receive an incorruptible body. All unbelievers will be raised unto judgment and everlasting conscious suffering. (John 5:28-29; 1 Corinthians 15:1-50; Revelation 20:1-6).
- Salvation is only by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Those who receive the Savior have their sins forgiven, are regenerated by the Spirit, become children of God, and are indwelt, baptized, sealed by the Spirit. (Ephesians 2:8-9, 1:7; Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4:30).
- Sanctification is separation unto God and is threefold:
- Positionally, the believer was sanctified at his conversion by virtue of his union with Christ. (1 Corinthians 1:2).
- Progressively, he is conditionally being sanctified through the Word by obedience to that Word as he walks in the Spirit, thereby controlling the lusts of the flesh and producing the fruit of the Spirit. (John 17:17; Ephesians 5:26).
- Ultimately, he will be completely conformed to the image of Christ when he sees his Savior face to face. (1 John 3:1-3; Romans 8:29-30)
- The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, proclamation of the Gospel, and the observance of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper. (Acts 2:1-47; Romans 12:1-8; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31; 1 Corinthians 11:23-31; Acts 2:38, 41).
- The commission to witness the Gospel to those around us and to those in the uttermost parts of the earth has been given to all believers. (Matthew 28: 18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-17).
- The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ will be personal and visible. This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive for holy living. (Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Zechariah 14:1-21; Revelation 20:1-6).
- God wonderfully and immutable creates each person as male or female, and these distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen. 1:18-25) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one biological man and one biological woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a biological man and a biological woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10)